The auto scrubber is the most effective and productive tool for cleaning a floor. Unlike the "mop & bucket" process that simply spreads germs around, an auto-scrubber effectively removes soiled materials and contaminates from the floor.
The squeegee and recovery system of an auto-scrubber vacuums up the contaminated solution from grout lines, cracks, and floor joints and moves it into a recovery tank where it can be properly disposed of.
Carpeted floors and matting should be cleaned regularly, with a primary focus on removing debris and foreign particles. According to the CDC, unless these carpeted areas/mats are touched frequently, they need only be cleaned according to manufacturer instructions, using the warmest appropriate water setting.
THE BEST CHOICE FOR MANUAL FLOOR CLEANING
Microfiber cleaning cloths and mops work well for removing organic matter (dirt, oils, grease) as well as germs from surfaces. Microfiber's cleaning ability is the result of two simple things: more surface area and a positive charge. The tiny polyester and nylon fibers in the pads are positively charged, causing dust, with its negative charge, to cling to them. Traditional sponge or cotton mops push around some of the dirt on a floor, whereas microfiber pads pick up even the tiniest specks.
Microfiber can remove large quantities of microbes, including hard-to-kill spores. A microfiber cloth covers the same amount of space as a cotton cloth at 1/4 the size, and it can absorb seven times its weight in water. Another advantage of microfiber is that, unlike cotton, it dries fast, making it resistant to bacteria growth.
CASE STUDY REPORT:
UC Davis Medical Center made the switch from conventional loop mops to microfiber mops
in patient-care areas after finding through testing that microfiber mops did a better job of penetrating surface pores and removing dust particles than conventional string mops and cloths. For example, after a surface was cleaned with conventional tools, a bacteria culture showed a 30-percent reduction, while microfiber materials reduced bacteria by 99 percent. Also, because they weigh much less than conventional mops, the microfiber mops have reduced workers' compensation claims.
All-In-One Kits for Effective Emergency Clean-Up
Body Fluid Spill Kits Safely remove vomit, blood, feces & other body fluids
The PURELL™ Body Fluid Spill Kit is a complete solution that helps to reduce the risk of illness outbreaks in any facility. The core of each kit is the industry leading PURELL® Foodservice Surface Sanitizer with its rapid kill times, multi-surface performance and no rinse required on food contact surfaces.
- Safe and Effective; Easy to Use; Step-by-Step Bilingual Instructions
- PURELL® Foodservice Surface Sanitizer kills 29 germs in 30-seconds
- Includes head-to-toe protection for staff
- OSHA and Food Code compliant
- PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer (8 fl oz)
- PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Single Use
- OSHAKits.com Absorbent Blend with Deodorizer
- Heavy duty handheld scraper and dustpan
- Head-to-toe personal protection kit (hair net, gown with sleeves, gloves, shoe covers, etc.)
- Three medical-grade absorbent towels
- Large trash bag and tie
- Bilingual instruction guide and training video
Stick-and-Stand mats are adhesive-backed mats designed to clearly mark floors and provide customers with a safe place to stand while waiting in lines.
- Provides Clear Direction - Universal "stop sign" shape with shoe prints marks where customers should stand; mats can be placed at safe intervals in virtually any configuration
- Stays in Place - Adhesive backing keeps the mat flat and in place, even with heavy cart and buggy traffic
- Hassle Free - Mats can be left in place during daily floor cleaning; floor scrubbers, mops, and brooms will pass right over them without causing damage
- Won't Leave Residue - Stick-and-Stand mats are less likely to leave a sticky residue than floor decals
- Odor Resistant - Anti-microbially treated for protection from odors
- Slip Resistant - Low-profile high-traction surface provides additional traction and slip resistance
- Will perform up to 3 to 4 months under normal use
Product No. 4464
Size: 17" x 17"
Keeps mats in place, but won't leave residue like most floor decals.
Ensures mat can be left in place during daily floor; floor scrubbers, mops, and brooms will pass right over.
The 3-Mat Entry System: Stop dirt and moisture at your door
The main job of matting is to stop as much dirt as possible from progressing further into the building. If possible, there should be a combination of mats, including a scraper mat just inside the door, and one or more finer, carpeted mats, that will continue to capture dirt and debris as individuals walk into the building. Think of mats as entrance filters, because they filter the dirt that comes in from the outside.
Because people don't always stop to wipe their feet, it is best to allow enough matting for at least four or five steps once inside the building - that's about 12 to 15 feet of matting at the door.
STEP 1: SCRAPER MATS
These types of mats are placed outside your building as your first defense against dirt, grime, and moisture. Ask your sales rep about available size & colors:
STEP 2: SCRAPER/WIPER MATS
Depending on your entry way, these mats can be placed indoors or outdoors. Scraper/wipers should have a bi-level surface that removes and traps dirt below foot level, but also be designed to prevent moisture from leaking around the edges. Ask your sales rep about available sizes & colors:
STEP 3: CARPETED/WIPER MATS
Carpeted (wiper) mats provide a few more steps to remove the last bit of dust and moisture from shoes.
Interior mats are typically found throughout the building in main walkways, before elevators, escalators and stairs, at food service areas, and at transition areas where a hard surface floor meets a carpeted floor. Interior mats are also used in production, and manufacturing to protect against slip and fall, or to offer support to workers (anti-fatigue).
Contact your Mailender Sales rep to discuss which solution is right for you!